Monday, February 15, 2010

Maija and Shane


I met my future husband 6 and a half years ago on June 22. I remember the date because it is one of my best friend's birthdays and we were going out to lunch to celebrate. We picked a fancy steak restaurant downtown. Our server that day was a cute guy that, as it turned out, had gone to high school with the birthday girl. I had just ended a relationship with a man who had told me he didn't believe in love. I was on a post-breakup rampage and decided to do something I had never done before: give this cute server my telephone number. At the end of our meal I sent my friends out into the lobby so they wouldn't witness my humiliation. I called the server over to the table and handed him my business card. He still likes to recall how shaky my hands were as I wrote down my home telephone number. He also likes to share how his co-workers were congratulating him on scoring my number. He called me at work the next day and I remember running down the hallway to gleefully tell my friend that he called. We went to a baseball game that night. We were married in 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment