Sunday, February 21, 2010

Zach and Elise


From Zach: When I was a senior in college (Virginia Tech), I worked for the university as a head Resident Advisor. Through some rather poor decisions, I found myself in need of a new job and new housing (the University giveth, and the University taketh away). A girl I was dating at the time had a teammate who lived in an empty house. Her father was hoping to rent the third room out (the second roommate was moving in around the same time). The room was a closet, but I needed a place to live, so I couldn't say no. Little did we know that when her mother said "You guys are going to end up together one day" how right she would be. I became the "Jack Tripper" to two girls. I changed lightbulbs, killed bugs, real manly stuff.

After graduating, I moved up North, but kept in touch with the girls while they finished up her education. The unfortunate events of April 16, 2007, caused me to make an emergency trip back to Virginia to ensure my former roommates were ok. It was at this point in time that Elise and I began seeing each other as more than roommates and friends. I guess sometimes tragedy has a way of bringing out people's real feelings. I had also taken her to my fraternities formals that same weekend. After that weekend, I made a few more trips down to see her, and it was around that time that we decided to give a long-distance relationship a try.

Long story kinda short, I proposed to her 2 years to the date that we started dating. She's getting her Doctorate in FL right now, and will move up here in April of 2011. We've set our wedding date shortly after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment